A lot of Monday Night Combat fans were pleased with the recent changes with the latest title update, but Uber Entertainment isn’t finished yet. Looking at the new – and free – DLC pack for the multiplayer shooter, we see many more changes and features that are sure to make players jump with joy.
The new Spunky Cola Arena is available in Crossfire, which only offers a single lane of attack. That should make for some smokin’ battles right from the get go. Blitz mode receives an update as well with the new Survivitol Arena. Along with the new maps, the new DLC will offer a whole handful of updates, changes, fixes, and balance coordination. Not only are the classes being looked at, but the arenas themselves are up for tweaking as well.
The surprising thing in the update has to be that the most important addition is completely shrouded in mystery. With the most sought after power-up in the game being Bacon (because it’s so delicious), the news of a new one on the way is just creating a buzz with players everywhere. Only referred to as “tasty pickup”, all we know is that the power-up offers “something awesome” for the player that picks it up. Take a look below at the extensive list of updates and changes in the new DLC.
New Features and Additions
* Added a new Crossfire Arena:
* Added a new Blitz Arena:
* Added a new Blitz Mode:
* Added in new options for private games:
* Added IceMen Pitgirl to updated level intros/outro
All Star Mode
* Added a feature that allows players to go beyond level 99 by going back to level 0 and getting a new “All Star” icon next to their name.
* Added in 12 new highlights with associated ProTags.
* Added career milestones and ProTags for bacon pickups.
* Added career milestones and ProTags for killing each type of class.
* Added [TASTY PICKUP], a prize that drops and gives [SOMETHING AWESOME].
* Added career milestones and ProTags for [TASTY PICKUP].
* Added a 4 character ‘Club Tag’ that players can append to their name.
* Added “South Paw” and “South Paw Tactical” control schemes.
* Added multiplayer ready functionality so a game can start before the timer runs out if most players press X in the lobby and set themselves as ready.
* Added several new loading movies.
* Added a mascot head icon on the locker room menu denoting when you have a new ProTag from a highlight or career milestone.
* Added many new Mickey Cantor announcements.
* Added new effect for picking up bacon and [TASTY PICKUP].
Bug Fixes and Gameplay Changes
* All Arenas:
* Steel Peel Arena
* Lazer Razor Arena
* Sprintz Arena
* Fixed Rail Gun from being able to shoot through nearby walls.
* Fixed various issues with the Jet Gun.
* Sniper Traps will now only freeze enemy Pros caught in the initial freeze trap explosion. An enemy Pro entering the area while the effect is active after the initial explosion will only be slowed. Traps work the same on bots as they did before.
* Changed Flak visual effect to include team color and to have better performance.
* Fixed issue where Sniper’s Flak would damage players inside their spawn.
* Fixed Snipers disappearing in the other view port in split screen when they are zoomed in with the Sniper Rifle.
* Using bot spawners as a Sniper will now spawn two Scrambers.
* Fixed issue where the sniper rifle, in certain instances, could shoot through walls .
* Fixed Minigun getting stuck with no ammo and not reloading.
* Assassins no longer make an audible hum to allied players.
* Fixed an issue with the cloak sound not going away when the Assassin dies.
* Fixed an issue with Firebases that caused them to focus on a Moneyball they can’t hit.
* Reworked Heal/Hurt Gun code to make it more reliable.
* Fixed griefing with Firebases: Firebases placed on an active jump pad or activating a jump pad with a Firebase on it will now destroy the Firebase.
Other Fixes and Changes
* Fixed GapShots in Blitz from moving on clients when they are stopped on the host.
* Reworked reload to greatly reduce the occurrence of having to restart reload when the reload animation was interrupted near the end.
* Reworked the death UI so that it now displays the endorsements of who killed you.
* Fixed players assisting in their own death.
* Fixed Tank’s and Gunner’s jump jets staying on after a jump.
* Fixed getting charged multiple times when using hazards and juice machines in high lag situations.
* Changed money, kills, assists and deaths font in the scoreboard to add more emphasis on money making.
* Fixed new round music riff and crowd cheer to play during Crossfire.
* Changed formatting of numbers in the ticker to make them more readable.
* Fixed seeing two Moneyballs in the end-game cinematic if the game ended without one being destroyed.
* Fixed Bouncers playing their grapple animation when they charge at a player but hit a Blackjack.
* Fixed Moneyball sometimes showing its shields when it has none.
* Fixed players recovering health very quickly while juiced.
* Various audio tuning for frequency and balance of sounds and voices.
* More improvements to host migration to make it faster and more reliable.
* More improvements to the party system when joining games and after host migration.
* Reworked how random maps are chosen to be less repetative.
* Reduced damage done by the dagger to the Moneyball.
* Increased the damage Assassins do after both dagger and sword lunge.
* Normalized multipliers for both dagger and sword when doing damage from behind an enemy.
* Reduced recovery time on Assassin’s alternate fire grapple on the Dagger, Sword and Shuriken Launcher.
* Fixed an issue that caused Assassins to do too little damage from front facing, alternate fire, Shuriken face slap grapple.
* Reduced the damage the Moneyball takes from a sniper rifle.
* Reduced the skill drain rate of Sniper Traps.
* Reduced the amount of juice gain from the sniper rifle damaging targets.
* Reduced juice gain from healing with the Heal/Hurt Gun.
* Increased skill recovery time of level 2 and 3 of the Support’s Air Strike.
* Reduced minimum damage on Gunner’s minigun, making it less effective at long ranges.
* Reduced the damage the Moneyball takes from the rail gun.
Other Balance Changes
* Decreased effectiveness of Lazer Blazer Turrets vs players.
* Increased effectiveness of RockIt Turrets vs bots.
* Reduced cost of all levels of RockIt Turrets.
* Greatly increased the cooldown time for Juice machines in Crossfire.
[Special thanks to John Seitz, for bringing this amazing piece of information to our attention. Thanks John!]