Mad Catz announced during E3 that they will be releasing a brand new wireless headset for the Xbox 360. Called the Tritton Warhead, this new headset offers fully functional wireless connectivity in 7.1 Dolby Surround for the console. This will be the first headset for the Xbox 360 that offers true wireless capability with the system.
Here are the Warhead’s features to look out for:
- Truly Wireless – Utilizes Xbox 360’s secure Wireless Xbox Live voice communications (no cable to the controller)
- 5.8Ghz Wireless Technology – Clear surround sound without interference from
- wireless devices (range 33ft/10m)
- Dolby Headphone 7.1 Surround Sound – Expands native stereo and 5.1 game and movie audio to immersive 7.1 surround sound
- 50mm Neodymium Drivers – Precision tuned and balanced speakers
- Two Hot-Swappable Rechargeable Battery Packs – Change batteries on the fly for endless gaming
- Selective Voice Monitoring (SVM) – Allows the gamer to enable or disable the ability to hear their own voice
- Audio Control – Independent voice and game volume controls with mic and game mute
- Built-in EQ – Gamer can choose from pre-defined equalizer settings for movies and games
- Designed for Extended Play – Padded adjustable headband and plush around-the-ear earcups
- Everything Needed to Connect to Any Xbox 360 – Supports both analog and digital audio connections and includes Digital Audio Adapter (for use with HDMI installations)
No release date or price has been announced for the headset, but it looks to be a very promising piece of hardware. Mad Catz seems to be turning up the heat with their hardware, offering bigger and better equipment for gamers.